The Steps are In (Again): What are the Results?
Near the end of summer, we recapped nearly 100 challenges that groups, utilizing DHS Group’s Move module, had completed in the first six months of the year. Almost six months later, we’re revisiting that blog post to share a few new updates and look ahead to what is sure to be a great 2017.
Here are some challenge results we shared back in August:
were motivated to move more and increase their daily physical activity
found the competition as a motivating part of the challenge
rated their overall health as "good" or "very good" after participating in the challenge
said their overall physical activity levels increased after being involved in the challenge
said the culture of health in their workplace increased after participating in the challenge
said that participating in the challenge made them feel more positively about their employer
With stats that speak for themselves when it comes to whether a group activity challenge for your staff can have a positive impact on your organization, let’s take a quick look at some highlights that Move saw this year.
- The “Hello Spring” National Challenge had more than 16,904 participants who logged more than 2.6 billion steps (that’s more than 1.2 million miles)
- Meaningful Miles launched – enabling companies and their employees to raise money for their favorite groups and nonprofits through Move challenges
- Challenge Templates were introduced to help wellness / wellbeing program managers find quick and easy ways to get their population involved
- Move released a host of major feature upgrades that impacted both participants and admins; single-login dashboard for Move and Medical users, Dashboard resource tab, participant weekly engagement emails, iOS app updates, nicknames, profiles and more!
If your corporate wellness / wellbeing program didn’t put in the results you were looking for in 2016, check out more information about Move – a module of DHS’s Engage platform that takes employee engagement to the next level and gets results like the ones listed above.
Had a successful year utilizing Move to run your corporate wellness / wellbeing challenges? Take the next step and pair your program with analytics to better understand the health of your employees in 2017, find the right wellness solutions for your team and achieve the best possible results for your population health management.
It has been a great year for the DHS team and we couldn’t have done it without you – our customers and friends! Our Business Development and Customer Success Managers are always willing and ready to talk with you and answer questions and help your program be successful as it can be. That said, we’d love to have the opportunity to meet you in person in 2017. We’re already signed up to attend the following trade shows, a list that continues to grow.
- HR Executive Health & Benefits Leadership Conference | April 19-21, Las Vegas
- Gulf Coast Symposium on HR | Date TBD, Houston
- iNACOL | October 15-18, Charlotte, NC
- Cerner Health Conference | October 9-12, Kansas City, MO
- Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress | October 2-4, Los Angeles
- National Alliance | Date TBD, Denver
We have some exciting events and programs launching early in January, so be sure to stay tuned to our social media pages and follow the hashtag #DHSGetMoving to stay up to date!
Thank you for moving with us in 2016. We’re looking forward to the next 12 months and hope you are too! Happy New Year!